Cruisin, on a Sunday afternoon…
The wife and I decided on an impromptu short vacation to Harrisburg (Hershey Park specifically) and I figured what better time than sitting in a car for three hours is there to get caught up on my myriad of podcasts that I subscribe to. So, I figured I might as well share with you some of the photography related podcasts that are out there that I follow pretty religiously.
1. Lightsource Photography Podcast– Fantastic podcast run by photographers Bill Crawford, publisher of StudioLighting.net and
Ed Hidden, exclusive photographer for IStockPhoto.com. These guys do great interviews with photographers from a variety of photographic disciplines. There current podcast is a fantastic interview with Dave Hill!
2. New Media Photographer Podcast– Photographer Rosh Sillars is the guru when it comes to integrating social media into photographers’ marketing ideas. His podcasts are insightful and full of interesting ideas when it comes to things like twitter, facebook, linked in, etc.
3. Creative Lube– Creative Consultant Leslie Burns Dell’Acqua has a great podcast about how you can make your photography business bigger, badder and better in this trying economy. I think she recently turned this show into a paid subscription but I think it’s still worth it.
4. Photoshop User TV– podcast run by Scott Kelby, who knows all things photoshop…literally. The nice thing about this one is that its video based, so you get to see all of the tips and tricks and their effects in real time.
5. Lenswork– interesting podcast on the creative process and how it pertains to photography. Short, sweet, and to the point!
6. The Candid Frame– Much like the lightsource guys, this podcast is great at interviewing photographers and getting to the meat of why they do what the do.
That’s all for now kids, I’m off to ride me some rollercoasters!