looking forward to 2013
Instead of looking back on 2012(which has been a fantastic year), I wanted to spend some time looking forward towards some of the projects and initiatives I want to start in 2013.
1. Rebranding: an entirely new look including a new website, logo, and social media presence. This has been a long time coming, I have been feverishly working on a new look for my website as well as a marketing rebranding to more accurately portray the type of work I enjoy doing. I will be making the jump from a bigblackbag.com website to a livebooks.com scaler site. I’m very happy with the look so far and it should roll out in the next couple of days.
2. New Work: Along with a new website goes new work. I have spent the last couple of months creating new work specifically for the website and I’m happy to say I am finally satisfied with what I have created.
3. Learn a new cgi software package: I recently picked up a high end cgi 3d software package that I am looking forward to learning in 2013. With this, my imagination is truly my only limitation.
4. Shoot more: Really simple in theory, hard to do in reality. I have two small kids and its amazing how fast they grow and how many moments I am missing. To fix it, I recently bought a fuji x100 with the hopes of photographing more day to day happenings. I’m hoping this will open up new ways of approaching how I think creatively.
5. Photo book projects: I want to do a photo book or two going into the new year. I’ve always had a book project of some kind on the back burner for years, its time to finally make it reality.
Happy holidays everyone and I wish you all luck in the new year!!!